Sunday, April 6, 2008

#21 Week 8 Podcasts

There is an amazing number of podcasts available. The site EPN Educational Podcast Network had all kinds of amazing entries. It is impressive, and makes me want to try this in the future at our school.
I happened to be reading the book The Educator's Podcast Guide by Bard Williams so I decided to try some of their sites.
One site now charges a fee. I thought that was interesting. I found two school sites that were very interesting.
www.tclauset.org/wpa/
This is the Hanes Middle School in North Carolina. Truly impressive what they have done.
I also located Mabry Online.org Podcast Central
p://mabryonline.org/podcasts/
This is a school that really understands and embraces podcasts as a learning experience for students. Another impressive site.
I wanted to look up Grammar Girl but ran out of time. Another interesting idea that will need some more exploration.
ssn

No comments: